Using your personal data
Most of the pages on Ruukki websites are provided mainly for information purposes so that they can be used without you needing to provide personal data. We collect information about how you use Ruukki websites. This information may be may be linked to any personal data Ruukki holds about you.
We may need to collect personal data through this website for the purpose of providing the information and goods you request and for marketing, sales and business and product development. The use of your personal data is based on your consent. By providing information to Ruukki via this website, you agree to your personal data being used as specified in this Policy.
Personal data, including names, addresses and telephone numbers which you may provide to Ruukki, will be processed manually and by computer. Ruukki aims to process personal data as efficiently and securely as practicable. In addition, Ruukki seeks to constantly improve the company’s websites to provide a better quality and broader scope of services.
Protecting personal data and information security
Description of data protection file
Personal Data Act (523/1999) Sections 10 and 24
Date of drafting: 15 June 2010
Name (Business ID)
Rautaruukki Corporation (Business ID: 0113276-9)
Suolakivenkatu 1, PO Box 138, FI-00811 Helsinki, Finland
Other contact information
+358 20 5911
Legal Counsel Heli Gummerus
Suolakivenkatu 1, P.O. Box 138, FI-00811 Helsinki, Finland
Other contact information
Tel. +358 20 592 9048, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
|| Rautaruukki Corporation’s product and service customer register|
|Reason for processing personal data
The purpose of the register is to process customer data for the:
- Maintenance of the www.ruukki.com website and the provision of products and services via the website.
- Development and management of the customer relationship between the service provider and the website user.
- Identification of users and provision of information security.
- Management of internal and external responsibilities within Rautaruukki Corporation, its subsidiaries, affiliates and subcontractors in as much as these relate to www.ruukki.com websites and the products and services provided via them.
- Provision of information for use by Rautaruukki Corporation, its subsidiaries, affiliates and subcontractors in direct marketing, data mining and related actions, such as profiling customer data for the above purposes.
|Information content of register
Below are some of the categories in which Rautaruukki Corporation collects personal data:
- Technical data or the information collected by cookies about the user’s visits to and use of www.ruukki.com sites and related log data that identifies user location, time and use
- Information supplied by the customer such as name, street address, telephone number, email address and other contact information which is required, for example, for the supply of goods and services, customer communication and user identification
- Customer relationship and contractual information such as customer wishes and order details and information related to other websites and goods and services provided via them
- User profiles based on the information above and financial user information related to goods and services
|Regular sources of information
- Cookie information from the clients’ hard drive obtained by Rautaruukki Corporation, its subsidiaries, affiliates and subcontractors or log data by monitoring use of the website
- Information provided by the customer such as general customer and order information
- Units within Rautaruukki Corporation, its subsidiaries, affiliates and subcontractors that provide products, services and value added services (for example logistics services) related to the www.ruukki.com website
|Normal disclosure of information and transfer of information to countries outside the EU or EEA
||Information is disclosed and transferred for the purposes defined above to units within Rautaruukki Corporation, its subsidiaries, affiliates and subcontractors, some of which are located outside the EU and EEA. Also some of the servers used to maintain the www.ruukki.com website may be located outside the EU or EEA.|
A. Manual data
Manual data are kept in locked premises and is available only to authorised persons.
B. Computer processed data
The website uses technical data protection which aims at ensuring that the information submitted remains unchanged and is available only to authorised persons. Only certain employees of Rautaruukki Corporation, its subsidiaries, affiliates and subcontractors have a username and password to access the system.
|Right to check
As a rule, everyone is entitled to check the information held about them on the personal data file. All requests to check the information should be made in writing by letter signed in the hand of the person concerned or by request in person to the controller of the register. Requests to check personal data should be sent to Heli Gummerus, Rautaruukki Corporation’s Legal Counsel, at the address provided above.
Everyone is entitled to have inaccurate register information about them corrected. Requests to correct information should be made in writing and in sufficient detail. Requests to correct information should be sent to Heli Gummerus, Rautaruukki Corporation’s Legal Counsel, at the address provided above.
Download description of data protection file
From time to time, cookies may be placed on your computer to improve the effectiveness of this website and Ruukki’s services to you. A cookie consists of information sent by a web server to a web browser and is stored by the browser. This enables Ruukki to identify you.
Cookies are commonly used on many websites today. If you do not wish to receive cookies, or if you wish to be notified before they are placed, most web browsers allow you to set the browser to this effect. Please note that if you do not allow cookies, this may affect website or service usability.
This site may contain links to other websites. Ruukki is not responsible for the contents or security of any other websites.
You can correct the accuracy of the personal data we hold about you by contacting Ruukki. At your request, we will correct or delete any incomplete, inaccurate or outdated personal data about you. For more information, please contact Ruukki Legal Affairs (tel +358 20 5911).